CNW Meeting Minutes January 10th, 2011
-Saul called meeting to order @ 7:03pm
- guests: Tahoma, Becca, and Lane were in attendance
- not enough board members for a quarum so not voting will take place
-review last meeting minutes: no questions (but no motion to approve because no quarum)
-NWR Report: 2010 was the best year for CNW profits
- Began 2010 with $5,841.95 and ended with $13,516.71 -> BEST STARTING POSITION FOR 2011 EVER
- Getting close to keeping a ‘reserve’ fund mentioned in last meeting (approx $9,271 in savings)
- Reso Run last year was a highlight in profits
- Membership money is WAY UP
- Firecracker: we took in < anticipated because we had to hire volunteers (we need to have more board/club members organize and commit to volunteering so we don’t hire volunteers at a loss)
- team expenses were down because we took in a lot of money in donations to cover the expected loss
- We need to begin to note, in the financial reports, how much prize money CNW teams win at all the different championships.
~ FINANCES ARE VERY SOLID ~
- Starting 2011 awesome with $3,000 already from the Reso Run.
- Ed questioned Bill about past credit card issues and inquired about the possibilities of changing banks
> The executive committee is supposed to investigate a new way to link cards and accounts (whether or not that means changing banks)
-Tahoma suggests linking PayPal money directly to accounts so money is immediately deposited.
- Jerry presents XC satisfaction survey to board & guests.
> Overall, people were satisfied (2/3 of participants responded)
> Things rated highly were; communications, WWU experience, national experience
> Things people would like to see improved were more social activities and the regional meet experience.
> Subjective comments are to be analyzed by the teams committee at the next meeting and present results/solutions to the board.
- Key goal in the next 6 months is ELITE ATHLETE FUNDING!
> currently compiling an official list of our ‘elite team’
> raise more money for these athletes, make donations possible via the CNW website
- Uniforms; Meghan (teams committee member) will now be taking over uniform duties from Becca.
- Teams committee and Becca will begin preliminary arrangement for 2011 Club Track and Field National Championships.
- 2014 is the 1st opportunity to bid host for T&F National Championships; possibly at Shoreline or W. Seattle stadium…Bill will look further into options for bidding to host this.
> Currently working with Steve
> there are 14 athletes and maybe 5 more because some are Brooks ID athletes
> Committee is still working on group runs: avg. of 9 runners per group (it is a lot more work than we thought….)
> 1st one was last month; the X-mas light run and gathering at the Greenlake Grill.
> Would like to keep all social events very small initially until organization is better.
> Plan to keep events to coincide with the solstice calendar
- We dropped the ball entirely on t-shirts and welcome letters for our new members!!!!!
> This is a top priority for the membership committee and are working to fix it.
> Bill; option to combine distribution and ‘welcoming’ with the magnussun series to save on delivery costs, etc.
- Communications: no one present from committee.
> was HUGE success, with lots of volunteers!
> record numbers for registration; >1,900 people
> Many people lost their chips so didn’t get their times
> For next year, we would like to have another mat @ the corner so the announcer can announce the runners names as they come around the corner….and also another mat to register WHO actually goes into the water.
> Cold; problems with ice…need to be prepared for deicing!
-Magnussun: 111 + people
> Slowly growing; there were lots of first time runners and lots of members!
- Winter grand prix: averaged 140+ for the first three races!
- We are already beginning to line up sponsors for the All-Commers series
-> To use Husky Stadium for the spring Break open?
- Emerald City track and Field is on June 11th
- Bill discusses his technological hardships with his aging Mac...
>Ed makes a motion to for Bill to buy whatever computer he needs up to $3,000
- David 2nds the motion
- We ‘life lined’ John O’Hearn in order to make a quarum and pass the motion: he votes yes and motion passed
> While we had him on the phone we also voted to approve last meetings minutes: Approved
~ Guest, Lane, questions the board how and if we would like to reach out to smaller running clubs? > She volunteers to be that voice and medium if, in the future, we so choose.
· Saul adjourned at 8:47pm.