November 12, 2007
Nick Fleming, Tony Robinson, Lance
Giles, Becca Gillespy, Tony Young, John O’Hearn, Saul Kinderis (via phone),
Bill Roe (via phone)
CONTRACTORS: Chuck Bartlett, Brian Oster, Martin Rudow
Openings: Meeting called to order at 7:34PM
Motion made to approve October 2007
minutes by Nick, seconded by Lance once corrections have been made-will be
E-mailed out this week.
FINANCIAL REPORT: Bill Roe
- We currently have $8000 in our bank account after
paying for Club Nationals cross country plane tickets
- $50 in memberships has come in and another $100
in matching gifts from Microsoft has been received
- See above, two memberships received this month
- Member newsletter went out was a great job by
Becca and a good start in improving our communication with members.
- We still need to update our ad in Northwest
Runner-suggested that we update the old ad-Becca will ask Brian for an
electronic copy of it and hope to get that done by December deadline of
- We also discussed having some type of membership
sign-up card that could be used at the Northwest Runner booth for
soliciting membership at races. It
was suggested that Bill might be able to work up a one-pager and forward
- Saul still needs to work with Martin regarding
the online data base for membership
- Becca still has some articles to sell on EBay
from the garage sale and will wait until closer to Christmas
- Becca presented a motion to let the Seattle Marathon
Training Club pay a reduced fee of $40 per person to get a Club Northwest
membership for a year since we had not told them of increased fees by last
June. This will generate $1600 for
us-hopefully by the end of the year, the motion was passed.
NORTHWEST RUNNER: Martin Rudow
- No renewals or new members this month-Martin
still needs information from Becca
- Martin needs help at Seattle Marathon Expo 11/23,
11/24 from 12-8 each day
- Northwest Runner brought in $4200 for October;
ads typically fall off at this time of year due to a lack of races to
promote. We have a lot of money out
at this point and Martin hopes to collect as much as possible before the
end of the year.
- The sponsorship of the Resolution run by Road
Runner Sports is still on. The
location has not been determined yet because of issues in utilizing Hangar
- Road Runner Sports will not be sponsoring either
Firecracker or All-Comers.
- Bill still working on getting bids for Shoreline-Edmonds
for Spring Break Open (March 22) and All-Comers.
- Chuck advised that cross country teams for Club
Nationals in West Chester, Ohio
12/8 had to be selected earlier than we had intended due to requirements
to have names on tickets one month in advance
- We will send 6 Open Men, 5 Open Women, 4 Masters
Women and 8 40-49 Masters Men, 5-6 Masters 50-59 Men.
- Plane tickets for the Club Northwest cross
country team have been purchased-cost was approximately $9000.
- Three members ran at the US Olympic Trials Marathon
11/10/07. Mike Sayenko ran
2:18. None of them wore orange due
to some technical issues regarding logos, etc that we are working on to
have corrected for the future
- We agreed to bring a 6th Women’s Open
runner, Alison Tubbs. Chuck will
purchase a ticket this week, motion was passed to cover the cost of this
ticket up to a certain amount by Saul and seconded by Lance.
- Chuck currently starting negotiations with
Brooks, Super Jock and Jill and possibly Road Runner Sports with regards
to athlete sponsorship, i.e. shoes and clothing for 2008.
- Athlete contracts need to be updated by the
beginning of 2008
- Chuck is waiting for Spring Break Open,
Resolution Run and Grand Prix information to put on the website.
- He is considering putting a link in to PNTF
- Next Board Meeting will move to 12/17 because the
trip back from Club Nationals is 12/9 (the day before the normal second
Monday of the month)
Motion was made to adjourn by Nick at 8:45
and seconded by Tony Young.