Club Northwest 2011 Cross Country
They will take place December 10th at Jefferson Golf Course. If you have never run at Club Nationals, this is your chance. It is a fabulous experience. Since we will not have to pay high costs for travel, we plan to enter two or more teams for each age and division, so we hope everyone who wants to can compete.
Cross Country season is my favorite time of year. The fall colors, crisp air, and beautiful venues make for a wonderful running experience. Leading up to Club Nationals, we have an exciting season planned. We start with a kick-off picnic on August 13, followed by races beginning September 25 at beautiful parks in Bellevue, Seattle and Bellingham.
New for this year is the Club Northwest Cross Country Link. Here you can view the roster, schedule, important info, membership status, point totals and much more. It is located here:
Please keep it handy and refer to it often for updates.
Enjoy the season!
Club Northwest, VP – Teams
How to Join the Club Northwest Cross Country Team
- Free entry into the following cross country races: Eastside Runners Invitational 9/25, Emerald City Open 10/1, WWU Classic 10/8, PNTF Champs 11/6, USATF NW Regional Championships 11/19 or 20, USATF Club Nationals 12/10. This alone will recoup your CNW membership fee. Please do not register yourself for these races. Team entries will be handled Jerry Zyskowski.
- Be a part of the best cross country team in the Pacific Northwest!
- All athletes will have the opportunity to participate in Club Nationals as we are hosting it this year.
How to join the Club Northwest Cross Country Team:
- Have a Club NW membership that is valid through January 2012. If your membership expires before then, we will ask you to renew, so that we can make sure everyone competing for us is a current member.
- If you are interested in competing at the PNTF Championships, USATF NW Regional Championships, or USATF Club Nationals, you need to have a 2011 USA Track and Field membership affiliated with Club Northwest (#116). This needs to be purchased no later than 2 weeks before the PNTF Championships. Masters athletes will also need to have their age verified.
- Use this Help link for all the info to take care of your CNW or USATF membership status.
Each athlete is responsible for making sure that their CNW and USATF membership status is up-to-date. Membership status and helpful info can be viewed here:
2011 CNW XC National Team Selection Process
The Teams Committee has defined the selection criteria for the men’s and women’s open elite teams for the 2011 XC season. Please note that we also hope to field sub-elite B and C teams, where this criteria does not apply.
The procedure will be similar to years past, with the athletes competing for 4 positions based on points and 4 at large positions based on selection by the teams committee, for a total of 8 positions for each Open Elite (A) team (men’s & women’s).
Scoring will use the best 2 of 3 qualifying meets, with PNTF Champs counting double.
Athletes need to be CNW Members and be racing in uniform to count for a race. Also, for PNTF Champs and USATF Regionals, proper USATF membership is required.
Scoring as follows:
1st Place scores 10 points (pnts), 2nd 9 pnts,…..10th is 1 pnt. Above 10th is 1 pt. DNF scores 0 pnts.
Qualifying meets are:
Sat., Oct. 8 WWU Classic, 10k men, 6k women, Lake Padden, Bellingham
Sun., Nov. 6 PNTF Champs, Lower Woodland, Seattl
Sat., Nov. 19, USATF NW Regionals, Lincoln Park, West Seattle.
The selected teams will compete for CNW at the 2011 USATF National Club Cross Country Championships Saturday December 11, 2011, at Jefferson Golf Course in Seattle.
Our goal is to field the best possible team for Nationals. All final selections will be subject to approval by the Team’s Committee.
For Master’s team selection, the above criteria will be used as a guideline. Actual selection will be made by the Team’s Committee based on overall performance at these races and who we feel will perform best at Club Nationals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are there team practices, and if so, when and where?
I see on the CNW 2011 XC Link that my age is not verified. How do I do this?
What are the distances for the XC races?
They vary. For women, all races are 6K, except for the ESR Invitational, which is 5K. For open men, races are either 8K or 10K, again with the exception of the ESR Invite, which is 5K for everyone. For master’s men, races are generally 8K and 10K, except PNTF Champs, which is 6K. Club Nationals is 10K for all men.