Events: 3000m Steeplechase, (I am a distance runner and run everything from the 1500m to the 5k in track. I also do road races 5k, 10k, half marathon, and marathon).
Hometown: Gardiner, Montana
College/University Competed for: Idaho State University
All Time Personal Bests:
· 1500 m: 4:28
· Mile: 4:48
· 3 km: 9:34
· 3 km Steeplechase: 10:07
· 5 km: 16:38
· 10 km: 35:43
· Marathon: 2:49:31
· 2011 USATF National Championship Qualifier 3 km Steeplechase (also 2010, 2009)
· 2011 USATF Club National Champion 3 km Steeplechase
· 2011 USATF Club Nationals Distance Medley Relay, 3rd
· 2011 Montana Mile Champion, 5-peat, course record holder
· 2010 Chicago Marathon, 49th
· 2010 Pocatello, ID Half-marathon Champion, course record holder
· 2008 Idaho State record holder, 3 km and Distance Medley Relay
· 2008 Big Sky Conference Scholar Athlete Award
· 2008 Idaho State Outstanding Student Achievement Award
Volunteer work: Simplot Games Volunteer 7 years, Yellow Ribbon Campaign for work at the 2007 Field of Heroes in Pocatello, ID, member of P.A.W.S. (Proud Athletes Working and Serving) 2003-2008.
Personal Info: I wasn’t a standout runner in high school but have always had a passion for running. I ran my first 5k in the 4th grade and come from an entire family of runners. With a lot of hard work over my college career, I stayed injury free and gradually got faster until I set two school records. I have been improving ever since and was excited to make my first USATF National Championship in 2009. I made it again in 2010 and now have my sights set on the Olympic Trials. I tackled my first marathon last October with a time of 2:49:30 and am excited at the prospect of racing this distance in the future. My husband and I recently moved to Seattle from Idaho. We took a leap of faith and moved to pursue our dreams and be a part of a team. I am very passionate about the sport and love to share that passion with others. It is exciting for me to help people pursue their dreams and live a healthy lifestyle. I am eager to see how far running will take me, the doors it will open, and the people I am sure to meet.